Smoke Ammo

I was wondering whether or not smoke rounds for off-map support counts towards its total ammunition, or whether it is kept seperate. For example, if i constantly use the same group of mortars to provide a smoke screen, will they also run out of normal shells, or will they eventually run out of smoke shells and only be able to fire normal shells?

Does mortar and artillery smoke work in the older scenarios and campaigns? I played the first battle of the Army campaign that came with the game during 1.10 and I remember being upset that my mortar smoke mission consisted of 3 or so rounds before I got a "rounds complete" message. I tried to repeat but it indicated I didn't have any more smoke.

Smoke works with older missions but if the artillery supply level is set low, as many of the early missions tended to be to try to balance things, then you will only have a few smoke rounds. Each section of 2 guns will normally only have enough smoke for one good screen. You might get a round or two for a second volley but not very often.

If you run out of HE you are out of smoke as well but if you run out of smoke you will still be able to fire HE.