2 questions: coasts/weather & Dutch surrender survivors

Just two short questions:

is it correct

that coastlines don't protect against weather damages anymore

and

that there is a possibiliy that units survive the surrender process?

In my last game General Stilwell fought on after China went down,

im my recent game the dutch cruiser and sub fight on after the dutch surrendered:

java.jpg

I bet both answers are in the manual which i (again) haven't read, correct?

Would be glad to get an answer.

:)

Ok, i read the manual, dutch naval units join the UK, allright.

But what about the weather?

I have no picture, but i got often hit by bad weather where i thought i would be save because i saw land next to my naval unit.

Is it possible that there are map tiles wihch might look like land which are being treated as sea? Mmhm.

Next time i make a hardcopy, it's difficult to explain this when you can't show no prove at all.

Ok, i read the manual, dutch naval units join the UK, allright.

But what about the weather?

Next time i make a hardcopy, it's difficult to explain this when you can't show no prove at all.

And here we go:

ise.jpg

Shouldn't the ISE be safe for bad weather effects right were she swims on this picture? :confused:

Hi Xwormwood

The Ise is actually in a sea tile. The coastal tiles are ones that are mostly sea but contain a little land, whereas the tile the Ise is in is purely sea. She's a bit far from home too, isn't she?

You might want to familiarise yourself with the different coastal tiles by turning on the grid and just taking a good look at the map to familiarise yourself with coastal tiles. Storm damage is actually a lot rarer in this game than in previous ones, so you don't need to worry too much about it, but obviously if a coastal tile is available then you might as well use it.