Hi Rich

I've been looking at the SC2 manual and can't find any reference to this, please could you post which version of SC2 you're playing (Blitzkrieg or WAW) and exactly what it says in the manual.

Or are you referring to SC1? It did make more sense in that game.

I'm curious what you're referring to also. I wrote the original SC2 manual and tutorial. The tutorial only covers the first couple of turns and does not address an invasion of Norway. I did a couple of searches and couldn't find what you're talking about?

My initial thought was if blocking the British navy around Norway was the goal, it was probably to protect an invasion fleet of amphibious transports. Use the German navy to screen the transports, not venture out into the North Sea to aggressively block the British Navy out in the open. That's what I would have said, and maybe did someplace.

If you try my Advanced Third Reich mod, the Germans have a slight qualitative naval advantage over the British. The British have a quantitative advantage but not by much. Early naval encounters are not usually to the British advantage and they should be cautious until they gain a few more fleets.

Hi. I'm playing waw using the sc2 tutorial. Still just learning the basics of the game. Middle of page 91 it suggests moving two cruisers and sub to block the UK royal navy from interfering with German actions in Norway. Doing this, however, simply causes the fairly quick loss of those ships/boat. Then the RN could interfere all it wants of course.

So I'm wondering why the manual suggests this move.