The AI and the 'Destroy' Objective

I can understand how this works when it's an objective for a Human Player but how does the AI react to this condition, if at all? The AI doesn't really seem to go about destroying buildings and if it does happen, it's probably an accident due to an artillery barrage or airstrike. Therefore it seems to be a bit of a waste of time giving it to an AI opponent. However, if this did work, I can see some exciting potential in it.

Anybody done any tests on this?

I'm not 100% sure, myself (though I should after playing the game so much) but I think the options may have something to do with volume of fire. 'Detroy' command is likely to fire off all of its shells in the opening barrage, 'suppress' is likely to fire fewer of its rounds and have some left over for further AI targeting. ...I think.

AI will not recognize Destroy objectives and will also get no points if the player destroys it (I tried to use this instead of preserve to punish the player for causing collateral damage - which didn't work, however :()

Probably the only way to get the AI to use this objective at the moment would be to use baked orders or pre-planned artillery strikes.

Though I would like to see the points awarded to the AI, even if the player destroys the objective.

AI will not recognize Destroy objectives and will also get no points if the player destroys it

Yup, I did some pretty extensive testing of this today and the AI just ignores the 'Destroy' objectives. Occassionally, one would get taken out accidently by a vehicle blowing up next to it or an artillery strike but otherwise, zilcho. Using pre-planned artillery strikes to destroy these targets seems a tad unfair to the player as there is absolutely nothing that he can do to prevent them from getting destroyed either.

I was hoping that the AI's big guns, i.e. tanks, would fire on 'Destroy' objectives when they had LoS to them AND were unthreatened. If it DID do this, then we would be able to give the AI a limited ability to use Area Fire. Perhaps BFC could figure out a way to make the TAC AI consider these 'Destroy' objectives for a future title module or patch?