A bit strange?

Hi Al

It is a big map isn't it! I'm sure that in no time at all you'll have familiarised yourself with a lot of it though. :)

We did experiment with quite a large range of colours but found that this worked best. Believe me when I say that we did try very hard to get a good range, but many colours and shades were really out of bounds as they really didn't work.

One thing we had to bear in mind was co-ordinating them all together, so that there were enough similarities and contrasts. Factors to bear in mind were that the weather can affect the colour of the land, so the chosen colour had to work in all its variations, and also because allied minors need to be similar but at the same time distinct from allied majors.

This would be a lot easier to explain if I could show you some of the colours that we experimented with, but I don't think I've kept the graphics files. Many seemed good in theory until we loaded them up in the game, so through a process of trial and error we ended up where we are today.

Ok, fair enough. I have just realised it is only the British Indian navy that is similar to the Japanese and not the land units ,which are a khaki green colour . So it is not an issue at all really. Memo to self, play game for more than five minutes before posting on forums!

Al.