Crapy Frankenstein's Graphics

cmsf1sh1.jpg

cmsf2rt1.jpg

cmsf3gi0.jpg

If i good remember this problem with graphics was resolved in 1.06 or 1.08 patch.

So why i still have such ugly "cartoons" in 1.10 version? ;)

Problem is that when a patch which resolve it was give, it even works for few months.

but after few weeks i have again such crappy visuals on my monitor. ;(

My little crappy computer is a little under requirements of CMSF ;D but as i said it previously few weeks ago ive seens beautifuly modeled brave soldiers and now i see some freaky Frankenstein's. :D

Thanks for any helps and ideas.

Resolution: 1280x960

Vertical Synch: Off

3d Model Quality: Balanced

3d Texture Quality: Balanced

Antialias/Multisample: Off

Ive change 3d settings at Fast/Fast and still look same:

cmsf4ns5.jpg

So ive change resolution at 1024x768 (ugh...) and its looks even worst. :D

Its really weird couse ive good remember that few weeks ago its look normal...

This happens when CMSF is downgrading the visual quality because your video card can't keep up. Close the game, reboot, and when you run CMSF make sure any other running programs are closed to save resources. Reduce your quality settings. "Balanced" are medium settings and may be too high.

Hi Moon.

As i said, few weeks ago at same settings everything works fine even when i was fightin in 2xCompany with BMP vs 2xCompany with M2A3 and soldiers looks much better.

Just now ive reboot system and turn off few running programs. Ive set 3D quality to fastest/fastest and still dont see any progress. ;(

cmsf6qp6.jpg

But in a maybe next week i will reinstal whole OS so maybe this radical thing will helps.

Now sadly ive must commands this horde of Frankenstein's for few days. :D

Thanks anyway for any ideas.

From what I understand from other threads and Steve's posts, a lot of work is being done by BFC on this issue in preparation for V1.11. It affects quite a few players, though the reason seems hard to pin down as other players with similar setups apparently don't suffer.

Hopefully, if we are patient, we'll get a resolution. I would certainly hesitate before reinstalling my OS - sounds a bit radical to me.

Having suffered from similar problems of late, what I can't understand is why CM:SF reduces graphical quality to cope with system resource shortages when it is clearly the CPU that is having to work harder, not the graphics card. My graphics card core temperature barely moves above its resting level when playing CM:SF whereas for other games like Call of Duty 4 it gets very hot.

I would prefer an option in CM:SF to turn off the automatic reduction in graphical quality as I doubt it is really making the game run any faster.