Medics and Repairs....

Malakie

From a game perspective, I'd say we already have the "bogged" status of vehicles for simulating damage which can be fixed quickly.

If anything, the maximum time to get a bogged vehicle back on track should be increased to cover repairs which take longer than currently modelled - though do we really want this?

And to make a check on what repairs should/could be done in a CMSF combat situation, perhaps anyone interested could keep an eye on 1) how many instances in a scenario a vehicle becomes immobilized due to minor problems, like a blown tire; and 2) how long this vehicle, with its crew sitting close by, could last without drawing fire.

I'd expect not too often.

But ... there are loads of people here saying that it is realistic.

That is interesting because I have never seen a unit just leave their vehicle for repairs they can do, i.e. change tires, fix treads, fix arials, fix lenses.. etc... Many many times I have watched as the crew proceeded to work on their ride and only call in the M88's if the repairs are more than they or Army field mechanics can handle.. The only time I have ever seen abandonment is major damage situations or damage while under heavy fire.. And then once the area is under less fire, crews will many times go back, assess and repair to get back into the field without having to wait.

There are exceptions to every rule but for the most part I do not know many unit teams that will not work on their ride if at all possible.... after all it is THEIR ride.

I have more than once changed out a tire on both a heavy truck and a hummer in the field under circumstances that were very dangerous.. We have done other field repairs also in some situations where support was just to far away or we were in a situation that we just had no choice.

I was not part of any of those crews rather I rode in them to get to mission drop off or return from mission pickups. Many times did I see these crews risk themselves to do repairs in the field.

So at least in my case, I would disagree with those saying it does not happen nor can it happen.

The only time I have ever seen abandonment is major damage situations or damage while under heavy fire.

Yes. That would pretty much be the definition of a CMSF scenario.

And then once the area is under less fire, crews will many times go back, assess and repair to get back into the field without having to wait.

Yes, that would pretty much be the definition of after a CMSF scenario.

CMSF doesn't model the whole war. Just the noisy bits.

Yes. That would pretty much be the definition of a CMSF scenario.

Yes, that would pretty much be the definition of after a CMSF scenario.

CMSF doesn't model the whole war. Just the noisy bits.

;-) I am complaining because I am one of those that somehow managed to get ALL his units stuck and then immobilized. BEFORE a shot was even fired at them.... :D

I was not fast enough telling them to stop and reverse before they broke down.

It is those type situations where I wish we had the basic repairs ability for the crews..