Two technical issues

Not a new issue, but something I always wanted to ask.

I've noticed that the details in 3D are frequently reset to low quality and than reloaded to higher quality. It has happend very often in v1.08, but not so often anymore in v1.10, so I assume it's some kind of (known) bug. I always wondered what's the sense/reason is.

Another thing that happens frequently is that the graphics freeze, while the sound turns into a buzzing sound. After some seconds, the game continues to play normaly. Seems to happen mostly when I turn into Lvl-1 view. It's as annoying as a promo break in the dramatic seconds of a movie. Has somebody else noticed this, too?

I think what you might be seeing is the game resetting the graphics quaility to allow the game to run. I see this when playing very large maps, where the game to keep running steps down the graphics settings and re-draws the map. It's certainly a lot better than it was with larger maps.

Re the buzzing noise - I get the same in both CMSF and CMBB - it's a sound card driver issue in my case. But as my sound card is an old one there are no further updates for it. It's not that often it happnes, pretty infrequent in fact. The card I have is an old Soundblaster Audigy.

Cheers fur noo

George

I had the same problem, running a 8800 card and Vista Home in 64 bit. After going through the forum the only suggestion I found that seems to work is disabling antialiasing. So I ran the graphics up to max and so far so good. And for me anyway the difference in image quality is minimal.

BF

Re the buzzing noise - I get the same in both CMSF and CMBB - it's a sound card driver issue in my case. But as my sound card is an old one there are no further updates for it. It's not that often it happnes, pretty infrequent in fact. The card I have is an old Soundblaster Audigy.

Cheers fur noo

George

I'm not sure about the sound card driver issue. I use the onboard soundchip of my motherboard and the driver is up to date. I also can't remember that I had this problems with CMBB/AK, but I haven't played that games a while and have another hardware now. I guess 'buzzing sound' is not the right discription - my error. It's more like a music CD that hangs in the CD player.

Scipio - I had that too in spades while playing V. 1.08. I could never get anyone to acknowledge a similar problem - including BFC.

Since 1.10 and Marines, it has pretty much dried up as an issue.....still not sure why.....I'm pretty sure it does involve antialiasing settings as pointed out in this thread.