Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

new to CMBO

i took interest in CMBO a while back but never got around to purchasing it, or even playing the demo. Recently i picked up the demo, and now im considering investing in the full version. The only problem is a minor one; the framerate, though generally relatively smooth gets pretty clunkly when i've got say, 3 tanks and 10 infantrymen on the screen. i tried adjusting the number of trees, changed the horizon to 1000, turned off smoke, lowered the squads to 2 men, and all that stuff, but the framerate continues to clunk about given enough units. does the full version of CMBO allow for polygon scaling or reduction in texture quality to improve the framerate? Incidentally, im using a Celeron 633, 192mb ram, ati radeon 7500 64mb pci. (oh, and i already tried that whole z-mask, z-buffer thing, but got no increase).

so if anyone has any info on the full version's capabilities, or just some tricks to sqeeze some juice outta my system help me out.

by framerate i assume you mean when you scroll across the battlefield to find your troops. i think your video card is the problem. i have an ati radeon 7000 64mb but ddr on an agp slot and it still studders around. craters seem to slow it the worst. your cpu may take a while to process turns on larger battles. if you are familiar with bmps you could reduce them yourself one by one. that would take longer than it is worth imho.

buy the game, get addicted, save up for a new computer and cmbb and cmak.