Historical Production, I firgured it out!

Like an apple falling on my head it dawned on me how to make historical production without using technology for my global scenario.

I use the resource.txt file to shut off cities till a fail safe date hits. I just sequence them in order. Just wanted to share with other designers.

This is something I did for USA and USSR production increases in my Advanced Third Reich mod. The alternative was to use large IT tech increases which could randomly occur too fast or too slow, either way ruining the historical economic expansions and play balance. There needs to be some variability, but not huge swings either way.

I know my mod isn't for everyone, but I took a few pains to thoroughly document what I did and why. A pdf guide is available with the freebie download at cmmods.com. I'm seeing several new modders raising issues that I've wrestled with for years now. Please feel free to build upon what I've done.

I thought about the high tech thing like you. I will look into it.

I used the resource.txt to do it. Calling in cities and resources in scheduled time.

One problem I found was that 0 prod cities had no supply and no rail. So I had to make sure certain cities were functioning to make rails. I used towns too for supply.

I think I got the production about as perfect as you could.