New USMC Scenario: "The Old City" at CMMODs

How much bloody MOUT action can be crammed onto the smallest possible CMSF map?

Head over to www.cmmods.com, grab "USMC The Old City", and lead your Marines into the MOUT hell that expands around the old city hall, the fiercely defended objective of this map!

Do not forget to concentrate your forces! You will want to focus your firepower for penetrating the enemy defense! Move slowly and stealthily to bring as many guns as possible to the frontline before the enemy realizes that you are already upon him.

Best regards,

Thomm

attachment.php?attachmentid=144&d=1224994618

Thanks!

Oh **** it looks bloody, just had my first contact and it doesnt look pretty! :eek:

Not sure I gonna make it within the 1 hour time frame.

Well, I was at least able to win it twice during playtesting, so there is hope.

But I agree that it is quite difficult, and I would like to advice to make a save game every now and then!

Ah, and watch your flanks! :D

Best regards,

Thomm

Im closing in on the object now, 35mins to go.. and all I can say is that you should named it "A bloody affair", or "Hell on earth" because sofar in my entire CMSF time I havent played a more intense scenario with allot of bullets in the air and all to many red crosses over my men...

well done!

Well I finally tooked it and hold it the time out... but hell... what ones was proud marines are now decimated to nothing then crying kids :eek:

57 Men OK

32 Men Killed

71 men wounded

2 AAVs lost

2/3rds casualtys in men and 1/2 casualtys in AAVs... its terrible, this scenario kinda leaves a big hole in your body when you think about all the letters you would have to write in real life...

On the other hand, this is a scenario that proofs that the syrians CAN win.

I would love to give this scenario a try as red if there is a blue AI plan for this, Thomm is there?

/Thomas

Well I finally tooked it and hold it the time out...

Congratulations, and I mean it!

On the other hand, this is a scenario that proofs that the syrians CAN win.

Absolutely. The Syrians do not even possess any special weaponry. It is just the nature of the map design that gives them the advantage of being able to constantly ambush the Marines.

I did not think of making plans for Blue, because it takes so much patience and skill for a human to win that I figured it does not make sense to let the AI get annihilated.

Best regards,

Thomm

well, a compromise ? remove the red AI plans, give them a setup zone and make it into a Head to head scenario? can be intressting to play out against a human opponent!

well I did take the ****... but was it really worth the sacrifice?

From generation kill -"Its not the hadjis that gonna kill us dawg, its ****ing command..." :cool:

Love this map - Bloody, agreed! Working my men through it right now - I really do hate the "time options"...with a max ony being 2 hours.

I see it as such a waste that BFC doesn't allow for a "no-time" option for those customers who which to play longer battles. What the hell is it to BFC if those of us would wish to have such battles / scenarios?

Bake the one's they make so they are time driven.....but give the customers an option out for scenarios we make.