Request for paint ball advice

Thomm

Thomm didnt' have problem with steam or fog forming on mask's lens, i presume. That is difference between enjoyable and not enjoyable paintball (or airsoft for that matter).

I mostly had bad exeriences with steam, which is reson why i don't like too much about paintball (altough i have one annual event in which i take part). It's damned stupid that after long night of infaltrating thru wet marsh i end up in fight at hazy morning, pull mask to face and... surprise-surprise i'm seeing just fog! That is something which is driving me nuts every time it happens, it's like fruit of my work has been spoiled or new toy taken away from child. All i can do is to keep my head and butt down and try to make sure that in case that we need to start withdrawing i atleast wouldn't end up running into wrong direction. Even worse if i'm leader or radio-operator or something, who actually should know what is happening around him, to his team or to his opponent... Or just shoot myself to foot to save me all that trouble.

Airsoft with it's mask with gritting is much better, altough during dark times it's darkerns surroundings abit.

I had that problem ten times worse as I was wearing glasses underneath the mask. There are some good sprays with anti-fogging chemicals that help a bit, and the right ventilation is obviously important.

I wear glasses too so that is reason why i'm having such problems with it. I use dishwashingstuff which some divers and plenty of paintballers are using, but it doesn't last long under wet conditions. For few hours lasting matches it's good but for several days complitely in field conditions it's not, expacely when terrain is very wet. Sadly we doesnt' seem to have good anti-fog substance corrently in markets, that dishwashingstuff (don't know appropriate english name) is best. Maybe i should order from somewhere else, i've heard that gels are best for that porpuse and atleast US military issues gel to keep goggles from getting into fog.

I have project which consists cellphones battery and processor's fan, by that i can create quite nice airflow under mask. Havent' tested it in practice and to be honest i don't know is it very good idea to take it into wet conditions. If that battery blows to my face i'm not going to be very pleased :D

You guys know you can buy masks with fans right from the factory, right? You don't have to rig up some contraption. Even without a fan I no longer have any problem with fogging. Even playing a long game in a hot humid South Florida summer right after a rain storm I don't have any fogging problems. I bought an anti-fog paste that you apply to the lense. It's kind of the consistancy of a hard car wax. You apply it and then buff it off the lense with a clean cloth. I've played week after week after a single application with no fogging. Eventually you have to reapply it, but it seems to last a long time. Buying a mask with thermal lenses seems to help as well.