Syrian Forward Observers Deaf and Blind

Why is is that FOs in the Syrian TO&E get no binoculars and most of the time no radio either? In most situations that not only means they are out of command but they are also unable to see where the enemy is further than a few hundred metres.

Is this a bug or a feature of the real Syrian TO&E? If the latter, are we supposed to always keep Syrian FOs and their unit commanders close to each other so the commander can spot the enemy, pass the information on to the FO, and then call in the FO's artillery strike for him. This seems a crazy situation to me!

It seems to me that the Syrians aren't given a fair deal in CM:SF.

fored.jpg

Not seeing this problem. I did a check of Inf,Reserve, Mech, Airborne, Special Forces Red FO's and they were all equipped with radios and binoculars? What unit are you seeing this in?

Those Icons are for the soldier's MOS. It shows that the leader is trained as a forward observer and the other guy is trained as a radioman. The actual equipment is missing. It should be showing to the left in the equipment panel. If you compare this unit with an American one you will see the difference.

Actually, the radio C2 icon is showing in your screenshot. When I picked several FOs they didn't have the radio C2 icon showing either. American units have binoculars in the equipment section of the control panel, where all the other gear like missiles etc. go.

I see your point! I'll report the radio and binoculars graphics are missing from TOE. Since the FO's actually are able to call in fire I have some doubt about them being actually affected by the missing graphics...but we'll let Charles have an extra Red Bull and figure it out...Thanks for calling attention to this.

Update: Confirmed Syrian FO's show no improved vision. Report with save files made to BFC with credit to Cpl Steiner. Thanks for the catch!

Thanks. I think they definitely need a binoculars equipment icon but I'm not sure about a radio one. From what I can tell, no unit has a radio equipment icon. Perhaps all soldiers with the "radioman" MOS are assumed to carry one? That's definitely not the case for binoculars though, as you've proved. Lots of Syrian leader units have the binoculars equipment icon but not the Forward Observer MOS (which looks like binoculars).