Screenshots are black

Jak170

When I'm in the middle of a game and I press the PRt Sc button, I can only paste this big, ugly black square. How come this happens?

Take your lense cap off...

Bad joke.

No clue here.

maybe its Vista. I have it so we can check for consistencies.

I'm kinda hesitant to download FRAPS because I hear that during gameplay, it takes a lot of resources to run. I'll try it though.

FRAPS only increases frame rates when you are recording video. Otherwise it is great for screenshots.

maybe its Vista. I have it so we can check for consistencies.

I'm kinda hesitant to download FRAPS because I hear that during gameplay, it takes a lot of resources to run. I'll try it though.

I have issues with Fraps when a battle is loading. It will cause CMSF to crash. What I do to fix this is wait for the battle to fully load, alt+tab out of CMSF and start up Fraps, use Fraps in my battle... then I unfortunately after the battle I have to alt+tab out again and close Fraps before I begin my next battle. If I neglect to do this then as stated above, CMSF will crash with a memory error. Not a huge inconvenience and something I've gotten used to. I am a big fan of making AARs and so I feel that it's a minor thing to do to ensure that I get to take screenshots.

edit: It is possible that it is Vista. On my laptop and new desktop which run Vista I have issues... on my old desktop with XP I had no issues.