Regarding new patching method

I bought Combat Mission Shock Force from Battlefront and also the Marine addon from Battlefront. How would we now patch the items if we were to install fresh today? Would it be simple install Shock Force, and then install the Marine addon? Or do we patch Shock force fully and then install the Marine addon?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nev

I bought Combat Mission Shock Force from Battlefront and also the Marine addon from Battlefront. How would we now patch the items if we were to install fresh today? Would it be simple install Shock Force, and then install the Marine addon? Or do we patch Shock force fully and then install the Marine addon?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nev

Yeah, just install CMSF and then Marines and your good to go. If not, just install CMSF and install the 1.1 patch. That's it.

Have to say gents, being a former Marine and current advisor, this is one sweet strategy game. I would dare to say simulation since it has some excellent educational value on combined force doctrines. Follows the Marine ethos about as closely any simulator Ive recommended or tested.

Very well done,

Nev

It's to BFC's credit that they allowed some very opinionated Devil Dogs to advise and test their pride and joy. One of our testers was trying to do the math on the team with its accumulated practical service knowledge, as well as theoretical knowledge, from various branches of the United States and a number of other countries (props to our Aussies and Brits) and it was pretty impressive. CMSF is looking more like a Joint Service trainer with soon to incorporate NATO Services everyday.

25pjsj4.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Nevada. There are some that think CM:SF is a terrible tactical/strategy game. To them it's just an empty RTS or FPS game with nothing to offer in terms of real world applicability. Interestingly enough, as far as I know none of those critics served in the military in any sort of leadership/training role. I think we should consider ourselves lucky they didn't :D

Huntarr,

That's one of my favorite cartoons you've ever posted. Nice to see it again.

We have a fantastic mix of testers. Not only do we have some excellent Marines involved, but we also have a mix of US Army and other militaries too. Combine the military experience and perspective with a bad-assed bunch of civilian wargamers, and we basically have the best of everything we need as a developer right there in that one group. Good, solid feedback and a healthy atmosphere of mutual respect is how this game system got to where it is today, and why it will continue to improve going forward. Of course we've had a few slackers and the occasional misfit, but like any good outfit... we weeded them out! Fortunately we only had one Private Pyle.

Steve