Screen set up problem

CMAK is up against the left side of the monitor edge with some clipping on the unit detail pop-ups. There is a huge gap an the right side of the screen. It looks like I need to use the monitor buttons to reposition the whole game. Everything else is fine.

Athlon 1600+

256Mram

Win2000pro

Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400- 64 Meg

Video Drivers 4.1.0.9

DirectX 8.0

I’m not sure what resolution I picked at set up (first one suggested) nor am I sure what setups I use for CMBO and CMBB but they both run fine. They both fill the whole monitor.

[ November 23, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: DingoBreath ]

Generally the CM series will start out at the same resolution as your desktop is set to. However it may start out at a refresh rate that is quite a bit higher than your current desktop. Even though you may be running CM at the same resolution as your desktop, a different refresh rate can result in the image not being centered or the same size, etc. Some monitors are capable of holding multiple 'user' settings, so adjusting your monitor may get you image back to the right size/position - and when you go back to your desktop it may be at its original position too. However most monitors won't maintain more than one 'user' setting, so your desktop most likely will be adjusted off of what it is currently if you adjust it for CM.

To avoid this, I suggest finding out what resolution and refresh rate you run for your desktop (Control Panels > Display control panel > Settings tab > here you'll find your desktop resolution and color depth > Advanced button > Monitor tab > on this tab you'll find the 'Screen Refresh Rate' setting). Make note of this and delete the Prefs file at the root of the directory for CMAK (usually C:\Program Files\CMAK Demo or whatever). You'll be prompted to select a resolution the next time you launch CMAK, but don't select the first thing that becomes visible. Instead wait (or click 'Skip') for the same refresh rate as your desktop and then select that.