How does Marines and Paradox Retail version integrate?

If you add the Marines module, you won't need the disk in drive anymore. Your Paradox CMSF version will be "overwritten" by the Marines module. You get a license key when you buy Marines with which you can then activate both.

If you download the 1.10 patch and no Marines module, then nothing changes from what it is right now - your CMSF will require the CD in drive as usual.

I can confirm this. I have the Paradox version of CMSF (living in Sweden so I preordered the game at a local store). Downloaded and installed the Marines module this Saturday and it works great. It's really nice to be able to play the game without the CD and the eLicencing system works great. Add your key the first time and then you never see it again. I used it before for CMAK and I never had any problems with it there either.

Very nice to be on the same platform as the rest of you - not having to wait for the Paradox patches...

/Mazex