Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Nervous about license key

I've downloaded Marines and installed ok but noticed I needed the license key off the

confirmation email that was sent to me.

This has me worried about future installs what happens if I somehow lose that email will

I still be able to reinstall? I can't remember if I had to do a similar thing for CMSF but I

know I can no longer find the confirmation email for when I bought it a year ago.

I know I can write down the number somewhere but it's not fool proof, I know that I'll probably forget about this number over the next 6 months for whatever reason and go to reinstall only find my product is unusable. I know I still have to un-license the product before unistalling but remembering emails as well could present problems.

Can someone clarify.

i'm in this boat.

i had opera set to not leave the messages on the server, and then i formatted my HD.

so i emailed, and i got my code sent right quick.

infact, i just got back from some army training and my code is gone again. and now with the new patch i'm itchin to play again.

give them an email, i might be SOL since its my 2nd time, but it never hurts to try.

We have change our store software (Oct 1, 2007) so that you do not need any emails anymore in order to access all your order information. When you place an order, a customer account is created for you automatically (if you don't have one already) with your email as Username (25 letters max) and a random password. After you complete the purchase, you're shown the Order Confirmation Page (noticeable by a large green checkmark). At the bottom of the page are further instructions on how to (since you're logged in already at that point) download your game immediately (no need to wait for any emails), access your key (the same code is used for download and license), and how to change your password (so you don't have to wait on the random password email).

Later on, you can access this information by logging into www.battlefront.com/store (which brings you to the store tab immediately). After logging in, you will see a link called "Account Maintenance" on the left side. When you click it, you can access all your order details, including your key and a link to re-download if needed (up to 10 times, or 365 days from the first download).

We have change our store software (Oct 1, 2007) so that you do not need any emails anymore in order to access all your order information. When you place an order, a customer account is created for you automatically (if you don't have one already) with your email as Username (25 letters max) and a random password. After you complete the purchase, you're shown the Order Confirmation Page (noticeable by a large green checkmark). At the bottom of the page are further instructions on how to (since you're logged in already at that point) download your game immediately (no need to wait for any emails), access your key (the same code is used for download and license), and how to change your password (so you don't have to wait on the random password email).

Later on, you can access this information by logging into www.battlefront.com/store (which brings you to the store tab immediately). After logging in, you will see a link called "Account Maintenance" on the left side. When you click it, you can access all your order details, including your key and a link to re-download if needed (up to 10 times, or 365 days from the first download).

Thanks Moon,

So if I'm reading this correctly I can log in any time in the future (beyond 365 days) with my sales login and get my license codes needed for installing? Because I know it's been more than a year since I purchased CMSF, can I still see that license code?

Yes, you can look up your key at any time in that way. However, this is only possible for orders placed after Oct 1, 2007. So if you bought CMSF earlier than that, it won't show up (in fact, if you didn't purchase anything after Oct 1, 2007 yet, even if you bought from us earlier, you have no store account at all, and a new one is generated automatically for you the first time you buy something again).

In that case, your only choice is to email elicense@battlefront.com and we'll dig out your key from our database.