Will the AI be less scripted this time around?

Destraex

Unit AI (individual behavior) war rewritten from scratch and thus improved. Infantrymen look for possible cover in immediate vinicity, there are also new commands Sneak and Ambush, while unit behavior in old commands was altered. Tanks now react to new threats faster, HMGs will fire almost without stops if there are targets clearly visible, etc.

On group level AI uses triggers as before (including new ones) and it's 'cleverness' depends on talent of mission designer. In general, they were tasked to make more diverse and interesting missions. Use of triggers makes possible simulation of any battle situation and any AI behavior if you use them well.

bad news then sneaksie. Triggers and dumb A.I (relying on the mission designer) is not good. Means missions are the same old every time.

And I hate the old wave attack solution too............ their are only a small amount of good things from triggered AI

that is why multiplayer campaigns like in close combat are so important

bad news then sneaksie. Triggers and dumb A.I (relying on the mission designer) is not good. Means missions are the same old every time.

And I hate the old wave attack solution too............ their are only a small amount of good things from triggered AI

that is why multiplayer campaigns like in close combat are so important

Not necessarily so.

As long as missions are not coded to be single solution, triggers are not a bad thing at all, in fact they are an essential element. It's really down to the ability of the mission designer. I know that I have coded missions with variable responses to trigger activation. This can take the form of a random action or be dependant on an number of other factors. It just takes alot longer to code & test the mission.

Triggers are essential, many games go in this direction (for example, Black Shark from creators of Lock On, upcoming WW2 sim from creators of IL-2, tank sim Steel Fury, etc.). Units behavior becomes more and more complicated and more and more advanced scripting language is needed to control them.

Personally, Close Combat series are my favorite games, but AI there is almost non-existant, all it could do is randomly place units on the map and sent them to player positions or fire at player units if they are visible.

Well i have not problem with script command I am a player of those fly sim so i am use to it :D.

At this moment i see that the units will react differeny so this time will be possible to use suppresion in some units. But my question it is possible that those units enter in panic stay, depending on the circunstances, because in TOW is very difficult that i have play some hours with the game and i have seen fe3w units on that kind of behaivour.

I think this is crusila to the game not just go for cover also the panic and so simular behaivours are modeled this will make the game more realistic and more appeal to veteran wargamers.

Other complaing i have seen in the forum is the way the infatry units picks the weapon it will use depending on the target. for exaple andunit picking and SMG to attack a HT have in hits invetory a AT wepon is one of the problems i have seem on the forum it is a mayor complaing about the game.

ANd personally i have seem that the tanks also just fire machine guns to the inf why they don't use from time to time HE rounds?