Problem with TCP/IP, after I put in a router!

i played games fine on my dial up. Now and then i had problems.

Anyway, I recenly networked my house with a linksys 4 port router with a built in firewal. So far it works great.

I played one game of CM TCP/IP, which worked like a charm with no problems at all. I did not dis-able anything before the game and din't mess with any settings. The only problem i found was that when i set up a game the other guy couldn't join, so he set up. I am guessing that is because of the firewall.

So I played a second game today, everything went smoothly till turn 12-13. All of a sudden it kept dropping us two. Not in the midst of a upload but durring the action phase. This never happened to me, could it be the other players computer doing this, or my computer. My firewall or something.

The weird thing is the drop happened at the ame spot in the action phase.

I don't think it's my comp since it never did that before with or without the router. The previous game went smoothly. So did this one till turn 12.

Anyone know what is going on. Is it my fault or is my opponent?

One more question, how do i dis-able the firewall so I can set-up a game? Anyone have the same router???

thanx in advance!

Have you forwarded Ports 7022-7024 ? Here's a thread about someone experimenting with their Linksys Router:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000986

I'm not sure if this is really going to answer your question about disconnects with the firewall up. I take it that you're still using a dial-up connection with the Router now installed ? I'm not sure if there are any options that can be configured on the router/firewall to help with disconnects. I assume that the fewer the rules that the firewall applies the quicker the data can move to the destination IP.

Here's Linksys's page for Router Help. I don't know if it will be helpful for you or not. There may also be a firmware update for your router/firewall, so you may want to check that out also.

http://www.linksys.com/tech_helper/intro.html

Schrullenhaft,

Thanx for the help, I checked out the thread you posted. The suggestion from panther seems easier. The TCP port thing is kinda tricky, but I'll try that too.

About the DMZ thing, I had that thing active, I did type in my IP address into that and it still kept dropping us.

Like I said even with the firewall fully up it was working fine in full a game before. And untill turn 12 in the second game it kept dropping us in the action phase of the game.

I also play DoD and Unreal with the Firewall fullay up WITHOUT a problem at all.

Anyone alse have a clue?!

Thanx!

p.s.And no I am not using dial-up, I aint that dumb! I am using cable!