Out of memory message...

I've had this problem with CMSF, and still have it with the Marine add-on. (have not been able to play this game since getting a Vista system), The game starts, on all missions when it gets to 93% loaded it stops loading and I get a "out of memory" notice with the 3 recommendations. I have followed all the recommendations, lowered the game to every lowest setting, lowest desktop of 1024x768, I've even ran it in admin mode, and capability mode and always get the same error.

I have a Dell XPS 720 with Windows Vista, I have 4 GB's of RAM and a GeForce video card with 768 MB of video RAM, so I know I don't have a memory problem...any idea what is going on or what to do?

thx you

I've had this problem with CMSF, and still have it with the Marine add-on. (have not been able to play this game since getting a Vista system), The game starts, on all missions when it gets to 93% loaded it stops loading and I get a "out of memory" notice with the 3 recommendations. I have followed all the recommendations, lowered the game to every lowest setting, lowest desktop of 1024x768, I've even ran it in admin mode, and capability mode and always get the same error.

I have a Dell XPS 720 with Windows Vista, I have 4 GB's of RAM and a GeForce video card with 768 MB of video RAM, so I know I don't have a memory problem...any idea what is going on or what to do?

thx you

I have a XPS 630 and got this message the other day when I fired up CMSF while running Fraps in the background. If I turn it off it would load just fine. Check if you have anything else running before firing up CMSF and see if that does the trick.

edit: LOL... Jaeger beat me to it but obviously it is an issue.

edit2: If I alt+tab out after CMSF starts and then enable Fraps I usually don't have an issue.

Hi all. Magnum, as I posted at SHQ, I don't think it is FRAPS. I don't have that software.

I've got a clean install, and a system which includes:

NVIDIA NFORCE 790I ULTRA SLI MOTHERBOARD

INTEL Q9450 CPU,2.66/1333,12M

SEAGATE 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM 16 MB CACHE

LG 20X DUAL-LAYER DVD RE-WRITER NON-LIG

Dual NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT 512 MB 65NM

Windows XP

Please help BF as I cannot even start a game and I could at least play CMSF before Marines.

well it was fraps for me... and a few others that meantioned the problem fix... so it must be something else for you...good luck...

Anyone know what/where the full key list is... and yes i looked in the manual...

Since I can't use FRAPS, is there a in game screenshot key?

thx

BTW, played one of the new Marine missions, a big one... company of Tanks against a bunch of T90's... we all died, but it was one hellof a fight, too bad no screens. Was a great game, and ran smooth... proper size battle, finally.

(Bad Moon Rising)

You can still use Fraps. All you have to do is after the battle loads alt+tab out of CMSF and start Fraps up. That is what I do to use the program. Just remember to alt+tab out of CMSF before you load up your next battle or it'll freeze up again.

It is a bit of a pain in the arse but it lets you play CMSF and still use Fraps.