Setting an Ambush INSIDE a Building; How?

c3k

Gents,

I'm trying set a trap. It isn't working. The idea is to set a squad up on the far wall of a building and have them nail whoever comes a-knockin'.

Assume the building has a single door situated on the SOUTH side.

What I've tried: Placing a squad in the building with no commands wouldn't work. They'll open fire too soon. Using HIDE won't work, since they'll be sitting ducks. So, I wanted them all on the NORTH side. I gave them a FACE command. Dutifully, they moved to the NORTH side. Good; well, except for the part that had them FACING NORTH, away from the door on the SOUTH side.

Ahh, thought I, this is why we have COVERED ARC. So, I placed a very short COVERED ARC which encompassed the building interior, including the door on the SOUTH wall. My expectation was that the squad would remain on the NORTH wall, but turn to cover the fire zone to the SOUTH. Gleefully, I anticipated the mayhem that would await anyone coming in. :)

It didn't happen.

Instead, the squad ran from the NORTH side, over to the SOUTH side, putting the COVERED ARC out of the building.

So, is there ANY way to have a squad in a building look towards the interior?

Thanks,

Ken

As you can see they spring the ambush even just outside the ARC which is actually to my favor (smarter TacAI) Grenades are going into the air even before rounds are.

33ufof9.jpg

35i0ldx.jpg

There was discussion in Skunkworks about how to micromanage the interior disposition of your infantry, but you have to remember the interior is not an empty room. It's abstracted walls and cooridors.;) I don't think BFC is trying to simulate CQB.

Hope that helps Devilpup

Maybe this should be moved over to Tac & Strat?

What c3k wants is the ability to use a building as a reverse slope position as you can in CMx1. For example, in CMx1 you could position infantry against a back wall or in the middle (if the building was large enough) so they would have los that extended to a max of 5 or so m from the outside wall. This allowed infantry to ambush leading elements while staying out of los of overwatch. Currently CMSF doesn't let you do this.

Gents,

Thomm and Cuirassier are exactly correct in interpreting my desires. Keeping the squad in the back of the building is critical to their survival.

Voodoochile; I made my covered arc very small - it only went about 3/4's of the way across the building, but as soon as I hit "go", my men ran over to the doorway side. So, no, I do not THINK the size of the covered arc matters.

Regards,

Ken