Choosing sides...

Well, I've looked in all the forums and haven't seen this problem addressed anywhere, perhaps it's just me..anyway, here goes..I've ordered the full version of the game, but as for now, I've just got the demo. My main problem is on the screen where you choose your side, what kind of handicap, if any, you want (axis + 50%, allied + 75%, etc.) the fog of war, and all options like these. The problem is, my mouse (I'm assuming it's the mouse) won't select the drop down menu's right. I pull the selector to an option, click, and the screen just sits there. I click out of the box, and it goes back to default! Sometimes, the highlight won't move at all..The machine I'm running on should be adequate for the game, the actual combat scenes run fine..it's just this part that frustrates me..can anyone help??

I haven't heard of this particular problem before. You may want to update your mouse driver (if there is an update available) or your video driver.

If you're on a PC you may want to consider using the default drivers that come with Win9x for your mouse (if you aren't already). These drivers won't have all the options and support of custom drivers, but they will have less problems than some of the other drivers.

I failed to mention my system specs..there's the newbie in me shining through..uhmm.. PII 400 mHz, 96 Megs..standard mouse, came w/ the system..3DvoodooFX.. a bit dated, but should be able to run this game, i think.. Recently reformatted my HD, refreshed and updated all hardware..is there an update for my video card available anywhere that you know of?? Thanks for any help!

I have the exact same problem. There are a couple of older threads on this, but no fix.

What I've figured out is that the display is one click behind the mouse for some reason. Try this:

Click on one of the menus. Ignore the blue line & click on whichever setting you would like (the blue line will not change).

Then go click on another menu. You should now see the correct selection in the earlier menu.

It takes a little getting used to, but it works & lets you play quick battles & use drop downs.

Charles has indicated that this is probably video card related. What is your main video card (and what type of voodoo do you have? (i.e. 1, 2 or 3?).

Good luck.

--Philistine

Good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philistine:

Charles has indicated that this is probably video card related. What is your main video card (and what type of voodoo do you have? (i.e. 1, 2 or 3?).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really know, to be honest. I will say that since reformatting my HD, CM runs fine..all menu's and drop downs work great now. I can say with SOME degree of certainty that my voodoo is of the first edition. Was bought with my system in Feb. of 98..don't think VuDu 2 was out yet. Anyway, thanks for the input guys!