Problems with demo

I d/led this tonight, and it's pretty much unplayable. I noticed weird stuff during the menu (the "Shock Force" up at the top jumps around the screen, fades in and out, etc). When the demo scenario first boots up, I hear about 100 voices talking in unison...the grass texture constantly redraws itself, and it pretty much goes downhill from there. I tried one of my other computers, but it had the same problem, although the video texture issue wasn't quite as pronounced.

These are both AMD 64 dual cores, with at least 4gb of ram. Video cards are GeForce 7600 and 8800GT. Any known issues with this hardware? Any tricks anyone can think of to make this run better? The game looks very cool, and I've really enjoyed all of the Combat Mission games (that incidentally run great on all my systems).

I noticed weird stuff during the menu (the "Shock Force" up at the top jumps around the screen, fades in and out, etc). When the demo scenario first boots up, I hear about 100 voices talking in unison...the grass texture constantly redraws itself, and it pretty much goes downhill from there.

I had these exact same problems when I first got CM:SF. I think I resolved it by uninstalling the "AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core Optimiser" software that I had put on to get Theatre of War working. I remember posting at the time that I thought it bizarre I was now told to remove it when it was BFC that told me to put it on in the first place for TOW.