Disappearing Cursor

I'm having a problem seeing my cursor a lot of the time, especially when the game starts and I have to pick my picture resolution. I'm using the standard arrow on my display. I'm on a PIII 450 w/Voodoo banshee 16MB AGP and running DirectX 7a. If I abort a scenario there is often no arrow on the screen to pick the options or choose a scenario. Also, when I close the game there will be 2 empty folders on my desktop marked PBEM and Save. I have installed the CM ver 1.01 update.

I also have a problem with my mouse cursor when I save a game and when I quit a game specifically. In the box that comes up for these two functions I lose the mouse cursor when I move the cursor over these boxes. However, during the game the cursor works fine. Another thing I noticed was at the beginning of the game for the first couple of screens the position of the mouse on the screen shows a one inch by one inch box from the previous screen when a new screen is accessed.

Other than the above I have not had any difficulty running the game - at least as far as I can tell.

John

What mouse drivers are you both using ? If possible you may want to use the default drivers from Windows 9x (if your mouse can be supported by them). A generic PS/2 driver might clear the problem up. As for the "box" that jheydt is seeing, this may be related to the video driver. I would suggest updating your mouse and video drivers if you are not already using the latest. If this doesn't fix the problem, then uninstall your mouse drivers and install some generic drivers from Windows 9x.

I uninstalled my mouse driver and used the default Win95 PS2 drivers and got the same results. I will check on my video drivers to see if I have the latest version. However, I certainly can live with the small problems I have and as far as playing the game I haven't had any problems so far. My video card is 2 years old so is not presently state of the art but the game itself seems to run fine smile.gif

John

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem on the demo I'm playing (V1.2).

The Logitech mouse drivers I was using locked up the game at start. I then removed those drivers and installed the Win98 PS2 default drivers. I set the arrow to Windows (Extra Large), and noticed the mouse would disappear sometimes, but that problem was solved by simply Escaping (or ALT-Tabbing) out then back into the game.

So I then went back to the standard mouse cursor, normal size (small), and haven't had any problems with the demo since.

Guest ACTOR

I had a number of problems with my mouse when I first started to play. I then removed the Plus! Theme that I was using and everything was fixed. There are a number of threads that talk about the mouse cursor and potential fixes, so if you are still having problems do a search and I am sure you will find your answer.