Bäke Prelude at Pokhleben

George MC,

I just finished crashing through your pretty cool Prelude at Pokhleben Operation. It was quite a ride. I was going to leave some AAR comments on The Proving Grounds II, but couldn't find it there, only on the Original Proving Grounds. Did you put it there and I just can't find it?

For those of you who haven't played this, I recommend it. It came out rather historical, and was a challenge trying to save enough armor to push towards Stalingrad. Dr. Bäke was a renoun panzer leader, highly revered by his tankers. I lost a lot of armor trying to take Pokhleben, and had I upped the CEB, it would really have been ugly. The map is large but historical, and allows for maneuver. There are a lot of units though, which slowed things down at first, but then the blue bar of death sped up, once most of my armor and the AI Russian armor were blazing away. Quite a ride - highly recommend it.

Heinrich505

Hi Heinrich :)

Glad you enjoyed it and found it a challenge. The German panzer crews (we used a lot of Scheibert's account in this one and he talks at length about the Panzer III vs T34) were very critical of their panzers ability to fight the T34. In RL it was a tough fight - only Scheibert's company making a welcome appearance in the Soviet rear saved the day for Bäke's unit pinned dwon outside the village.

The actual scenario itself it still over at The Proving Grounds, I've not sent it over to TSDII till we are ready to send across the whole scenario series (still got a few to do).

You can post any comments here http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=1436

Thanks again for taking the time to play this out and post your comments.

Cheers fur noo

George