How to make the AI more challenging, simple tips.

Ever since I have been playing the AI in SC2 I have come to use a few standard approaches to make it more difficult.

Obviously the first one is the use the maximum difficulty settings.

But outside of that here are three simple things I do to add some challenge to the AI.

1) I use the F3 key that disables animation, A) it makes the rounds go faster for the AI. B) I NEVER look at the AIs round of action, I switch to something else on the desktop or simply walk away and do something and comeback. Then I have a look over at the map.

2) I set the HQs to automatic and NEVER check which troops are supported, I make sure the HQs are close by for proper supply but I leave it to the engine to decide what is supported.

3) I do not touch diplomacy even if the AI is dabling in it.

If you find the highest difficulty settings to hard, then use a lower setting with these tips and you might find a few surprises.

I forgot to add, the AI is VERY bad at preventing troops from being cut off from supply and then when it is destroyed the next turn it is gone forever, so I avoid doing cut offs. It is simply to easy to do, I can cut off more than half of all Russian troops as I move along which is simply a game breaker vs. the AI.

Blashy how about:

- throwing a dice for every of your units each turn...if it shows a six=> unit gets disbanded

- not buying any new units after December 1941 : You have to win with units you have available. ( for hardcore players no new units after December 1940)

- No tech upgrades for your army and no commanders (hitler wasnt to trusting anyway)

The corps only challenge: you can buy only corps to win the game (for the hardcore players: disband any army commander etc. )

We can surely come up with many more challenging ways to go against the AI