Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Blocked Doors Need a Fix!!

Gents,

It seems that there is another undocumented feature which needs attention: blocked doors.

Placing waypoints in front of the door you want your squad/team to use is a very good workaround for some of the pathfinding issues. Using that technique it is rare for my troops to go where I don't expect.

However, sometimes they go off in bizarre directions. Usually, after closely zooming into the door they refused to enter, I am able to find some nearby rubble. It could be collapsed building rubble, wall rubble, or scenario placed rubble (pallets, garbage cans, etc.) Regardless of the source, it seems that the doors are rendered INOPERABLE by the game engine. If I order a unit to enter a building through that door, they cannot. Instead they run around the building to the nearest usable door.

My luck being what it is, that runaround results in many red circles. Argh.

So, if CMx2 determines that a door does not work, it should be shown in the user interface. I would prefer a big red "x" across it, although others may desire a different graphic. Whatever is used should be plainly visible.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Ken

I agree--I did a couple of cartoons on this ("Find the door!"), but it just happened again: my troops decided that instead of going in the back door (10 feet away, no apparent space limitations (like a courtyard) or other problems), they would rather go in the front door 50 feet around the front of the building on a road covered by enemy armor. They were, of course cut down. Very frustrating.

Another (maybe more realistic) way of handling this would be to have troops simply stop moving and hit the dirt and await new orders if they go to a door that doesn't open. Anything would be preferable to the AI interpreting a "go through that door" order as a "get in the building any way you can if you can't get in the door in the orders."