My Own Third Reich Variant PDE

18/June/2008

Base/Disclaimer... Original Scripts (Near All Remains), and Scenario, And Map from Forumer B.Macon (AKA, Pzgndr)

Changed The Order Of Battle, Added Assault Tanks, Previously being Engineer Units, Special Forces Changed to Heavy Infantry, near all research are fixed and features historical research with some playability changes, mainly Germany have the better land army, UK/USA better navy and Aircraft and Russia around 1/3 production cost bonus (cost reduced for most units)

as an example of what to expect i may post the ground units "scaling" stats for Infantry and Tank Attack-defense...

Allies Corps (Now Divisions)... Att/Def... (2)

German Division... Att/Def (3)

Axis (Japan/Italy)... Att/Def (2)

-------

Army Units (Now Corps)

German... Att/Def... (4)

Allies/Minor Axis... (3)

-------

Tanks...

German... (8)

Russia... (7)

All Other... (6)

-------

Assault Tanks (Expensive units specialized on taking down strongpoints heavily entrenched and defense-d

Germany... (10)

Russia... (9)

All Others... (8)

-------

basically is a game about quality against quantity, allies have much more production (altough, germany can balance taking down minors)

Germany have the quality.

the reason that i fix the research (not all, but nearly) is the fact that i did want all Potential AI opponent to have all his units fully upgraded, in fact, on higher AI bonus, on previous playtest, mainly UK/USA navies will be a hard opponent for Axis navies, and russia now have some to say on the sea battle, Germany only gets 3-2 advantage to russia navy (although taking in account the black sea fleet), carriers perform, by nationality very well on air combat (dogfight), this gives some chances to defend United Kingdom against a sealion, as the main 7 real war UK carriers are present. on diplomacy, as the main purpose is to make a fast play scenario, UK/France have some chits on Russia/USA, this can bring these nations on the war more early, but German with his forces can make a two fronts war, basically, given the strenght of the german army i do not want to give much or excess time to germany to take all neutrals, allies must make a stand that deny to german some minors to retinue his mmp advantage, japan is featured on Romania (that start neutral but with some Germans diplo chits) and Spain dominion, that start active and can attack france from the rear, for balance and give some extra time to france, Algiers (north afrika) is an extra capitol for france, this can give some extra time until france's fall giving some more turns on france diplomacy with USA/Russia.

artillery are divided on two types, default anti tank is now Light (Lt) artillery, with attack range of 2, default main artillery is Heavy (Hvy) artillery, much powerfull but expensive.

thanks to [ Pzgndr ], well, in fact, TWO, times, one for make such a great scenario and other for his kind allowing to make my own variant,

contact... Marhault888@hotmail.com

all feedback wellcome, i do not have planned more changes, only if balance is shattered, i playtest it and is well balance, but not an entire play of the scenario.

Available at... http://www.cmmods.com/

hope you find interesting and have fun with the scenario,

with best regards,

alarick.

Originally posted by Cantona66:

Hello Alaric, i would like to make some own changes in you mod, but why is it not possible to do any research?, when playing the research button is faded out in grey and not pssoible to use.

greetings, this is set from editor, in campaign tab (select Advanced Button), you can select to set out for research, diplomacy and production, only can be changed from here, however, allowing research is not planned and can unbalance the scenario, you can change the name of the scenario so you still have both version, with and without research allowed,

hope it helps,

best regards,

alarick.