UK joins the allies bug / 1939 Storm of Steel

I started a 1939 Storm of Steel game against the allied AI.

In Juli 1939 - while not one single shot had been fired, no war declared - the UK "joins the allies" (even though the "allies" still don't exist).

Again:

Poland: not at war.

France: not at war.

But the UK "joins" the Allies, attacking my sub which stood at the coastline between Belgium and France (i got a message that the UK was upset because of german fleet activity).

THIS IS A BUG.

When there are no allies, than there is noone to join.

When there is no war, than starting to attack a former neutral power would be a war declaration, which should produce the well known consequences (politic points should shift: later war entry of the US, shocked neutrals etc.).

Btw.: sub operations shouldn't be trated like regular fleet actions. This alone could be somthing to argue about.

xwormwood,

This is just game semantics/mechanics since Germany is already a part of the Axis, i.e. at 100%... so when the UK reaches 100% it is just another way of saying they have now declared war on Germany or as you noted in game, "Joined the Allies".

For this particular campaign, the event that triggers the UK is simply a check to see how close Axis naval units are to England, i.e. 4 tiles from Chatham port or 3 tiles from Hull. So if you keep them far away enough then the UK will of course not take notice.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hello Hubert.

Thank you for yor answer.

I can understand the game mechanic which worked here its way.

But it should be worth a thought that UK declared in fact war against Germany.

Maybe it would be better to improve naval forces or industial output for the UK instead of declaring war.

If UK would have declared war for such an incident, than it would be very questionable if the US would have started Lend Lease sa soon as if Germany had declared war.

Anyway, thanks for your time.