Unit equipment in scenario editor

Hello,

I am editing a scenario with Uncon fighters on Red side (Red on Red scenario);

I have a "Fighter Command" unit with it's 2 ATGM teams set to equipment "Poor" in the Units section of the editor. However in the preview/deploy red mode on the map I noticed they are equipped with AT-14 launchers which is the best the red side can get in this type of weapons (I think).

How can I make them have something like AT-3 launchers which would fit into an '80s Afghanistan scenario?

And I have another question regarding the C2: isn't it possible to attach a team or squad to another HQ unit as it was possible in CMBB/CMAK?

I want to position some of the "Fighter Command" units (snipers, MG teams) with other "Large Fighter" groups and I want to avoid possible negative impacts on the fighting ability of those troops out of command range of their organic HQ unit.

Thank you in advance.

Did you set the equipment level before or after you purchased the unit? If you set the level and then buy the unit it changes the weaponry. If you buy the unit and then select the equipment level it will give you whatever the level was set at but it won't work as well.

For instance:

If the equipment level was set at excellent before you purchased the unit and you purchase the unit you will get the AT14. If you then change the unit's equipment level it will make it a bad AT14. To be honest though, I really haven't seen any effect. I don't think anything jams right now.

If you set the equipment level to poor and then purchase the unit it should give them a different missile, provided that is an option for that unit.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

[QB] Did you set the equipment level before or after you purchased the unit? If you set the level and then buy the unit it changes the weaponry. If you buy the unit and then select the equipment level it will give you whatever the level was set at but it won't work as well.

That is what I had in mind, too. I was pretty sure I set the equipment to "poor" before purchasing.

I've just checked that again to be sure and it seems as if worse ATGM equipment is not an option for this kind of unit formation :confused: (I've set the equipment option to poor before purchasing).

Why can Uncon fighter units only have state of the art AT-14s?

Zwobot,

According to the 1988 version of Jane's Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army it states that 'The Resistance has no made use of captured Saggers.' (Page 208 refers).

Also having skim read my copy of The Other Side of The Mountain - Mujahideen Tactics in the Soviet-Afghan War - I can find no mention of the Mujahideen using Saggers. Anti-tank weapons were mostly RPG-7, SPG-9 or BT-10.

So I'd delete the ATGMs altogether if I were you.

Originally posted by Combatintman:

Zwobot,

According to the 1988 version of Jane's Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army it states that 'The Resistance has no made use of captured Saggers.' (Page 208 refers).

Also having skim read my copy of The Other Side of The Mountain - Mujahideen Tactics in the Soviet-Afghan War - I can find no mention of the Mujahideen using Saggers. Anti-tank weapons were mostly RPG-7, SPG-9 or BT-10.

So I'd delete the ATGMs altogether if I were you.

Thanks for the hint.

I already considered this after starting this thread because I could not find any evidence for mujahideen using Saggers after a quick search on the internet.

Anyway, apart from this special scenario I still find it strange that fighter ATGM teams only seem to get AT-14 tubes.