crossroads campaign query- mission 2

I've just finished mission 2 of the campaign and I called a cease fire after I secured the cross roads and transported the trapped squads back to my start line, however the battle stats are recording a draw with 100 odd syrians left however I can't see any on that map. Is there a last minute counter attack I missed? I cease fired at around 10 mins to go.

Webwing, enjoying the campaign so far 1st mission was very good. (tracked the campaign down on CMMODS don't think I saw the original release on the boards.)

Originally posted by Darkmage:

Is there a last minute counter attack I missed? I cease fired at around 10 mins to go.

Yes, you did miss the counter attack apparently.

The mission lasts 30 minutes. At 20 the counter attack starts. The idea is for them to arrive as you are extracting the troops.

As for the points, I really don't get it. I have to check this out. As I recall there are no points for the kills or anything other than getting to the place where the troops are. For that you get 200 points.

Balancing for all missions need tweaking after 1.06

--

Seabee,

Thanks! smile.gif

Looking forward to the new version of that project you sent me! ;)

-

Damn that last mission is tricky smile.gif managed to gain a victory but I couldn't push in and take the crossroads. foolishly Manoeuvred my MGS platoon and associated strykers on to the road to approach the crossroads without scouting ahead and 2 t-55s devestated them. Perhaps with that platoon intact I could've pushed in further. I had a few Abrams imobilised, nothing destroyed luckily though. Will have another attempt later!

edit: it's also very hard to do that mission in RT with platoons all over the map!

Yep I got 200 points but for some reason so did the enemy I can't really remember why though. Shame I missed the counterattack but I probably saved a few troops by a speedy exfil.

Darkmage,

The trapped guys are worth a lot of points, I just checked. You got only some of them out unharmed that's why you got a draw.

For a win you need to get them all out unharmed. Don't worry about casualties among your troops, the priority are the trapped soldiers. ;)

I'm glad you are enjoying the campaign and thanks for the feedback!

--

Ah ok I'll have to try and get in there even faster next time then to avoid the trapped guys taking casualties!

To be honest, when I saw how many points I gave those guys I was really surprised. Don't remember why I did that. Half the points would be the correct amount.

So consider you had a win! smile.gif

--