Map Size Limits

Is there any chance the map size limitations will be increased in the future? Or at least allow 1 axis longer than 4km, while retaining the 16 square km limit? For example, 8km x 2km.

I am trying to replicate 73 Easting (E-Troop) using data from Janus(A)Combat Simulation, SIMNET and DARPA Project ODIN. To do this with high fidelity I would need at least 5x8 km, but I can do just the core 10-15 minute chunk at 4x4 without having to squash it down too horribly so that will do for now. (the entire engagement lasted maybe 25 minutes).

Turns out that it is not really possible to model this action with only the limited map size available. Just to set up the unit in question (12 M3 Bradleys, 10 M1A1HC) along the lines of historical deployment requires about 4x4km! (real life actions don't cram units together as we do in CM). Additionally, the entire unit travels 8km distance in 15 minutes.

Modern desert battles require much more ground space than is currently available in CMSF, but I might try my hand at a scaled down version.