New Mission: Soldier's Fury

• 1 year later...

Quick question,

Since the first version or my battle I have had an IED on the board but the operator never seems to set it off. Like, EVER. Is there something that I need to do to get the IED to work during the actual game?

He has LOS and the last few times I played though he was not under fire (and not even spotted) and I ran troops OVER his IED, still nothing! What am I doing wrong?!

The reason I asked is that RCIEDs and Cellphone activated IEDs are susceptible to electronic countermeasures while CWIEDs are less susceptible. That's why I always choose CWIEDs for red when I want to use an IED. I'm not saying that this is the case in your scenario but if you are trying to eliminate factors for the thing not detonating then you might try swapping a cellphone operated IED to a CWIED.

Another point to consider is ... what effect are you trying to achieve? If you are just looking to kill/immobilise a vehicle then why not save yourself all this hassle with faffing around with IEDs and their triggermen and just purchase a red mine group in the fortifications menu and stick them where you've got your IED. It will achieve the same effect and is more likely to work first time every time.

Thanks combat I'll give it a try!

New updated version has been posted on the repository. I made some changes to the troops (Army to Marines). Please check it out and let me know how the balance is, I've only run through it a couple of times! Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=399

post-1871-141867621116_thumb.jpg

Beardo1976, thanks for creating this scenario. =)

******** FILMED IN SPOILER-O-VISION ********

I was about to say I had fun playing this scenario, but I think it's just a tad too challenging to be as fun as it could be. In several times playing it, I tried a number of tactics, but I always ended up with as little as a third of my force combat-effective and still several buildings away from the objectives by the time the time ran out.

A few questions:

- Why are the Fighters all Crack? I know the Combatants are "merely" green, perhaps to balance things out, but it seems unrealistic that the insurgents are more experienced than the Marines, who are already Veteran.

- Why do the Red forces have "full" ammo? This, combined with their Crack experience, makes them all the harder for Blue to dislodge.

- Why do the SMAW teams have so little ammo? Sure, the rifle squads themselves each have three AT-4s and three M72s, but as often as not some of the guys carrying them get WIA/KIA before the squad itself has a chance to use them.

That said, I think the scenario is well designed overall, and I look forward to playing it again, especially a revised version. :)