Anti armour arty

Hev

The other day i was playing hammertime v4 with the new patch. I spotted a tank between some buildings a fair distance from my advancing troops so i called down an anti armour mission, small area target (maybe 20meters radius) short fire time. Low and behold when the smoke cleared the tank was still sat there.

The tank was a T-72, i forget the type but it had no era. Is this type of fire mission broke or did i do something wrong?

so far i read of tests, to get any decent chance to hit you need to use "point target" onto the tank.

if the vehicle should move befor the mission arives, the FO will even track it than if he as LOS. he doesnt do that with area or linear target.

EDIT:

if the rounds/ammunition itself is the right one, i dont know. but to hit it try useing point target.

From my experience you need at least a medium barrage. I also seem to have no luck with the 120mm which I believe is all that is in the game.

The rounds are just the standard HE rounds. You have to get a top hit or a very near miss with a large shell.

Usually though, a medium barrage of 122 or larger will get me at least one kill.

[ February 07, 2008, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: SgtMuhammed ]

The mission was called with the 155 howitzers, and when the smoke cleared the tank had actualy sunk into the craters that were under and all around it!

What type of anti armour munitiopns are being moddled cos i would have thought any bomlet type munition would take it out in relitivley few shells.

The rounds are straight HE. What changes is the fuzing and grouping.

Personnel: Airbursts medium spacing.

General: Mainly HE ground bursts, some airbursts. Fairly large target area.

Armor: All ground bursts, tight grouping.

The above is all for point target which is the only thing I have ever had luck getting kills with.