target light.

I've been using the target light command more lately to conserve ammo. Seems to be useful; but its tricky decission in winning a firefight. Also it I think it stops the 40mm grenades which is a shame at times.

Anybody else using it much?

Also is there any way to just get the sniper to shot in the sniper team?

I use it at long and medium range for infantry so they dont waste Javelin and m203...and strangly I've got the impression that they use less amunition than with the normal "target". Also I use it for the MBTs when I want just suppressive fire...so they don't waste HE shells(I keep it for level strong points).

Originally posted by vincere:

Anybody else using it much?

All the time, especially with infantry. They seem to take the Target option to be a request to fire a Javelin at whatever they're firing at, whether that's armour or a single wounded survivor of a big arty strike.

Originally posted by vbfg:

All the time, especially with infantry. They seem to take the Target option to be a request to fire a Javelin at whatever they're firing at, whether that's armour or a single wounded survivor of a big arty strike.

Which I think is the exact reason that we get a target light command! I've used Javelins against single ATGM gunners in specific situations - and I prefer to make that decision as the player, and not have the computer attempt to make it for me. There are too many variables for an AI to effectively judge every specific situation.

I do think the M203 should be shifted into the "light" category of squad weapons.

[ January 21, 2008, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: molotov_billy ]

My impression is that target light is getting the squad to target short bursts and single shots rather than long burst. Although the guide said the guide said they should do that at range anyway, I'm still getting an untested impression that target light pushes the squad more in that direction. I guess most times I'd want them to still shoot the 203.