How to "shoot n scoot"?

MiB

Okay, now I am getting frustrated.

I have tried it with BMPs several times now and without perfect timing and a little luck on the AI's part, I get 2 options:

1) Get off 1 shot - maybe - before dying in a hail of return fire

2) Reversing back down without shooting

When the 1.04 patch is released, it will be possible to add a timed pause order to a specific waypoint (and if desired, a cover arc), this should help to recreate a shoot and scoot maneuver.

However, given the quality of U.S. sensors and the limited sighting of Syrian vehicles, it will still be quite a challenge.

To slightly increase your chances, you should try to stay outside of the frontal arc of U.S. vehicles this will give you two or three seconds more before they notice you.

And it may also help to unbutton, as some targets are spotted faster.

EDIT: I must be getting old... reel-why beat me to it :D

Guys, warning: DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT unbutton with BMPs. For some reason their sighting abilities seem to go WAY DOWN while unbuttoned.

The following pics were taken in trident valley, buttoned:

goed2fc7.jpg

Above: My forces unloading their troops and about to spring the trap.

goed4rq8.jpg

Above: The carnage. Total: 7 Bradleys knocked out, all but 1 with squads still inside, and 1 bmp knocked out. Remaining squad mopped up by the 2 full platoons of infantry that followed up.

The rest of the scenario was a breeze after that.