Can't see text

Greetings all,

Ever since i d/l the Gold demo, i haven't been able to read any text in the pop-up screens. This includes the Hotkey screen, save game, quit game, reinforcments have arrived, etc...

All i see is a black screen. The choice function still works, in other words if i click where it might say "yes" to exit game i exit the game. It's just the text is unreadable.

My system specs are:

Gateway 2000

P2-233

160 meg RAM

4 meg VRAM

Anyone have any suggestions?

Do you know what video card/chip you have in your Gateway ? It's possible that a driver update for your video may fix your problem (either from Gateway or the original card/chipset manufacturer). If you're running Windows 2000, then it may be an issue between CM-video driver-Win2K. There may be no immediate fix if it is Win2K (depending on your video card, etc.).

Everything was fine for me until I switched OS to Win 2000. Now my TNT2 card is screwing up the text also. I am sure that I have the latest drivers, but I will do some investigaing on my own and report back.

In the mean time, is anyone else having this problem with a Viper TNT2 card?

And what type of video card are you using Kingfish?

I am having an identical problem on my Win2K machine. I have a GeForce card, with the latest drivers. Some text shows up okay in the game proper, but all of the main front-end menu buttons have transparent text. This makes typing in your filename for PBEM especially difficult!

------------------

-- Rob "Xemu" Fermier

Hey BTS,

Does a geforce card have FSAA as well?

I have the exact same text problems in Win2k.

I have to reboot to win98 everytime i want to play CM. ITs a pain in the butt, and sometimes i say screw it....

cause im lazy.

bad....

Anyways, is there any issues that could be causing this apparent incompatibility with win2k systems that you are aware of?

Would be nice to see a patch for this.