loss of Tools at bottom screen

Recently I have had problems with graphics at the bottom of CM screen. I lose all the function buttons when I use the escape key to access the chat board. I think it has only happened since the introduction of 1.1. can anyone help, because I need to quit out and restart program to get rid of the problem.

[This message has been edited by goodwood (edited 01-22-2001).]

Nvidia tnt2 32 meg with lastest drivers and DX 7.1 or what ever the last one was before Ver 8 PC, Schully, this was never a problem until recently, I played 30/35 TCP before experiencing this glitch, thats what make me question recent additions, to game. It may well be a mod problem, though I have not used any of the interface mods. Next time it happens I'll screen dump and email BTS. Initial post was questioning if anyone else have had the problem. Thanks Schully, for assistance, is there any other info u may need?

When both of you say you're using "the latest drivers" what version are you referring to ? The Detonator 3 v. 7.xx are a bit buggy and may cause some weirdness in DirectX games. I'm not sure about some of the post-6.31 drivers either, though I haven't heard a whole lot of problems about them. You may want to downgrade your drivers to 6.31 if you're running anything newer (I'd suggest uninstalling your current set first however).

Do either of you have any of the TCP/IP Betas or 1.05 still on hand ? Do you still experience problems if you play with these versions ? According to Madmatt, no changes were made to the graphic code with the latest patch, so it's kind of curious why graphic problems would be cropping up.

Ive had a problem where the bottom readout goes all black? is that what ur referring to. At first it thought it was beqacuse of a mod i installed so i uninstalled them now i just have 2 mods mdmp1,,2 and it only happens for me when i play internet games once and awhile now. i have a geforce

[This message has been edited by Cwhit21 (edited 01-29-2001).]

I have EXACTLY the same problem. The box at the bottom goes black, and I can see only a little bit of text.

I also think it happens after pressing esc to get to desktop or to CMHQ chat when I'm setting up a TCP/IP game. Then I have to finish the game "blind".

I have an ATI 128, so I don't think it has anything to do with the vid card or drivers. I also noticed this only since converting to 1.1. I played at least a dozen TCP/IP with 1.05 and it never happened once. Also, I haven't touched any hardware or drivers for over a year now. Also, I have no mods loaded.

My hunch is it is a bug in 1.1

• 2 weeks later...