Savegame loading freeze

Hi,

when i save a game, go back to the main screen and load the file i saved before the loading screen stuck on 5% and freeze.

I wait 1h, but nothing happens. I had to restart my PC. I could reproduce this freeze, but thistime i could go back to the Desktop (with Strg-Alt-Entf) and close CMSF.

Could someone try this and tell me if he has the same issue ?

I dont know if this is a 1.07 thing...

Well in the course of my “Armour Attacks” AAR I’ve opened save files about forty times so far in versions, 1.06, 1.07 and all their betas and the betas of 1.08 and haven’t had a similar issue yet (touch wood).

I’ve got the BFC version and Windows XP Pro SP2. These games are all WEGO (not that I would think it would matter).

I was playing a lot over this past weekend, and loaded many save game files with no problem.

So I don't think it's a universal 1.07 thing. . . are you experiencing the problem with just one specific save file, or with multiple save files from different scenarios? There used to be a problem with PBEM files in CMx1 where a corrupt file could cause the game to hang.

• 2 weeks later...