Complete full freeze

Hello,

I just bought online SF and I have version 1.07.

I have a single core AMD PC with 2 SLI geforce 7900s under the latest 169.21 drivers and I'm experiencing constant problems.

Sometimes the game will CTD, but most of the times (90%) it will totally freeze (not just a 5-10s interruption) requiring a hard reboot of the computer.

The complete freezes occur randomly as far as I can tell, that is they are independent of mouse clicking, mouse movement, shooting, etc...

I can't even go through 10 minutes of the first training mission in the training campaign. The freezes (when it doesn't CTD) are systematic and I've never managed to finish that training mission. The game can freeze in the first ten seconds as the strykers start moving, or freeze when they're engaged against the opfor.

I've tried all sorts of different settings in the NVIDA panel and the game itself to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is disabling SLI.

What should I do? Disable SLI? (I'd hate that) Downgrade the drivers?

TIA

El H.

Okay. I had just reinstalled the game and reapplied 1.07. I think it had a problem the first time and didn't get properly applied.

In any case, I then tried with and without SLI, and now instead of a full freeze I get a reboot.

So the computer randomly reboots upon playing CMSF (and only CMSF).

I'll try for 94.24 and report back.

Thanks!

This has become totally ridiculous.

I downgraded to 94.24, then to 93.71.

In all cases I get CTDs without any errors, totally randomly. My last crash was in the first battle of the training campaign, 30 seconds into the game as the soldiers were entering the strykers.

Anyone from battlefront has seen these issues?

The computer works perfectly well with any other game, it's not an overheating or power or RAM problem.

Let me add that I bought the game via download in case this matters.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Do you have AA of VS turned on in the game options? When I turn it on, it causes problems. So I just turn it off and change it in the nvidia video panel.

Yes, I've done all that, with and without SLI.

I either get CTDs (without error messages) or complete freezes requiring reboots.

I think it's time for me to give up on playing the game on this computer.

• 9 months later...