Vehicles warping to map corners?

This has become such a problem now i cannot get past one mission in my campaign because as soon as i press the go button all the vehicles warp to the corners and then the game crashes.

Im using 8600 gts nvidia, asus a8n premium board, 2 gig ram, amd 64x2dual core.

Still having the problem with the game freezing up and then going to the end of the round with a big gigantic huge crater somewher on the map...also makes the rest of the mission unplayable and have to start over from a save.

AIUI, the unit "warp" thing happens where there's a bug that results in the game code not knowing where to put a unit on the map. If it can't figure anything else out, it defaults to placing the unit in the corner.

So it might be helpful to describe what's going on with the specific unit(s) right before they "warp".

Also, probably a good thing to confirm that you're patched up to 1.07, and whether you have the Paradox or BFC version.

Thanks Yankee, this is happening at the very start of the mission, in turn based, as soon as i click the button to start round one.

If i dont move the vehicles it works fine but as soon as i set a waypoint and click the red button to start, they warp then it crashes.

I purchased the download BFC version and yes it is pathed to 1.07.

How about the gigantic, hugenormous crater crash? Please tell me im not the only one getting that! Its like i get nuked, no kidding.

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

AIUI, the unit "warp" thing happens where there's a bug that results in the game code not knowing where to put a unit on the map. If it can't figure anything else out, it defaults to placing the unit in the corner.

So it might be helpful to describe what's going on with the specific unit(s) right before they "warp".

Also, probably a good thing to confirm that you're patched up to 1.07, and whether you have the Paradox or BFC version.

• 1 month later...

still having this problem actually havent played since it got so bad and thought id try v 1 08 but first game it did the same thing, i started a scenario real time and set my first moves, hit the red button and started panning the camera around then the vehicles that were moving all warped to the corner... i tabbed over there and stopped them, gave new movement orders and panned around the camera...poof...to the other corner.

i did send a saved game file last time but it must be only me having these problem, makes it unplayable on my gaming machine. it does play fine on my crappy old machine but for that to work it has to be on the lowest graphics setting possible.

any updates?

That's a really wierd one; dethveg. I've probably played over a dozen games in 1.08 by now, and haven't seen a problem like that even once.

If you want to investigate further, you can set up the saved file on a file exchange website, and I'll download it and run on my system to see what happens.

To have a problem like this caused by hardware seems really weird, but all evidence seems to point in this direction. Very strange.

Cheers,

YD