Reinstalling CMSF.

Hi,

I uninstalled CMSF by simply deleting the folder programs/battlefront/Combat Mission Strike Force. This method did work with CMBB and one could then have as many reinstalls working alongside each other as one wished.

However I now find that the CD will not reinstall. When the CD is launched from the DVD drive the Install window is blanked out. I realize now that I should first have “unlicensed” then uninstalled.

From where I am now, how do I get the CD to recognise that I have in fact uninstalled and therefore to be willing to reinstall/Install again?

I use Windows XP…

Thanks for your help…

All the best,

Kip.

PS. I suppose there must be a bit of code somewhere that I have delete to tell the CD there is no longer a copy of CMSF installed. But I know not where it is.

its most probably in the registry, some key wich doesnt got deleted by the uninstaller you didnt used.

if noone can tell you for sure, you can run a serach through the registry for keywords like "CM(:)SF" "Combat mission shock force" and so on, you surly find some keys, its your choice to get rid of them or not.

the bigger problem is maybe that the version you no longer have installed is still licenced i guess.

so you need to find a way to free up this licence or you have to use the 2nd one you have available wich isnt as it "should" work. i mean next time you have none left... ;)

maybe worth a try, look up your licence control center. maybe you can unlicence it from there without the programm installed.

good luck!

Pandur, hi,

Thanks for your help… but I still seem to be struggling.

I have removed all CM and Battlefront related bits of code that I can find but to no avail.

There must be some a bit of code telling the CD there is a installed version of CMSF on no PC… but there is not..

Hoping someone from Battlefront can help.

All the best,

Kip.