No mouse cursor/arrow

I just got and installed the Battlefront version of the game, and immediately installed the 1.04 patch. When I try to start the game I get the main menu, but my mouse pointer is not visable/not present. I have to manually (ctrl_alt_del) end the game as I can't get past that.

My drivers all seem to be up to date.

Pentium IV at 2.4 Gig

Windows XP home edition

SIS 651 Integrated Graphics w/32MB Shared Graphics Memory

Unfortunately with the older SiS integrated chipsets there may not be a whole lot of options to exercise in order to get CMSF working. The latest driver from SiS for the SiS651 is 3.73 (select your OS, 'IGP Grahpics' and your chipset series), which is already over 1.5 years old.

There is a slight possibility that the 3.83 drivers for the next IGP series could be used, but the INF files would need to be customized. If you want to go further on this tack, I would need your PCI Device ID. To get this go to Control Panel > System control panel > Hardware tab > Device Manager button > double-click on the 'display adapters' > double-click on your listed SiS display device > Details tab > the default view in the drop-down dialog should be 'Device Instance ID'. You'll want everything up to the 'REV' portion. For example: PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_18031019. The PCI\VEN will be 1039 for all SiS devices. The 'DEV' ID will identify the actual SiS chip and the 'SUBSYS' ID will identify the specific product from the final assembly vendor.

Unfortunately SiS hasn't really had good OpenGL support within their drivers. Even the CMx1 titles, which were DirectX, had problems with a number of the SiS drivers. Outside of tinkering around with the installers the best hope for fixes was to wait for the latest driver (or use the last known one to work well).

The SiS control panel that gets installed doesn't really provide any settings for 3D (DirectX or OpenGL). So you're remaining option is to manually tinker with the registry for the settings embedded within it, however there may be little difference they'll make within games (since some registry settings aren't really referencing anything within the display driver).

I have an SiS 661 based motherboard on-hand at the moment that I can test CMSF on. I can't recall off hand if it ever worked with CMSF or not. If it does, it will be a VERY slow renderer. Even if it does work it may not be the best reference since I believe it is based on the Xabre graphics architecture rather than the SiS 315 that the earlier integrated chips (such as the 650/740,etc.) used.

Well I tried my 661GX based motherboard (with a P4 2.53GHz CPU & 512MB RAM) with the latest 3.83 driver and CMSF 1.04. It looks like some of you get better results than I do since I get an instant Windows Error. I don't even get a menu before the error comes up.

Using the OpenGL Extension Viewer it reports that the 3.83 driver supports OpenGL 1.4 with 1/3 support for OpenGL 1.5. I believe that CMSF uses some OpenGL 2.0 calls, but they MAY be optional features (shadows, etc.). But despite the listed OpenGL extension support there is still the obvious possibility that there are bugs in the drivers.

Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, SiS drivers are sometimes lacking and OpenGL support may not be a priority with these drivers (compared to DirectX). The integrated chipsets perform fairly well with older DirectX games such as the CMx1 series (when the driver isn't causing a problem). Running CMSF however may be a bit too much to expect from these integrated video solutions.