Feature request?

I doubt the current AI would do this and I've not played any humans in CMSF yet but I think it'd be great if we could target and destroy our own units. For example I dont know if the enemy can take over abandoned vehicles but if I have an immobilized tank or something I'd rather get the crew out and then destroy it to prevent the enemy from taking it over and using it against my own forces. If you can't take over enemy units then it doesn't matter. Just a thought.

I don't think it can happen. There was a discussion before the release about picking up small arms off the other side's dead, but it was the concession that using enemy weapons (AKs and the like) was a sure way to have your buddies fire at you. Kinda like you hear an AK going off so that must be an enemy, lets shoot him, sorta thing. A lot of our Iraq guys on the board agreed whole heartedly. So I doubt they did that with vehicles.

Mord.

This is a quote from Steve;

"Taking possession of enemy weapons?

No chance. The circumstances for using enemy weapons are pretty rare. I've read of accounts too, but we're talking handfulls compared to the thousands of times this is not done. We don't want to code up a bunch of stuff for such few instances. The amount of work required to simply prevent gamey abuse of the feature is enough on its own to nix the concept. But there are lots of other problems too."

Mord.