Multiplayer lag

Anyone else getting it? I'm not seeing much on the forum. My gaming guild has 4 people playing this, and we're all getting terrible multiplayer lag and crashes. Sometimes it's over a minute, and about half the time we cannot finish a game because someone crashes. Is this rare or common?

Exactly what I have. I play these for multiplayer- no AI will ever be as good as human players. I'm extremely unhappy with the lag- I play FPS games with no problem (although I'd much rather play Combat Mission!) and it's not my connection. Single player works fine. Is there anything I can do to help this, or failing that is there any fix in the works?

Yeah, we're all rapidly losing interest. It's just too frustrating. I really hope it gets fixed. I got everybody hooked on CMAK, they all bought this... and we can't play. I've made a bunch of tiny scenarios but there's only so much you can do with a platoon and an APC....

If there's some easy fix that I'm missing, I'd love to hear it!

Is there any way to fix this? I'm really tired of trying to play this game if this isn't going to get fixed. It's just not fun anymore. It's not real- time multiplayer if one side is so lagged that they can't play! Is this a rare problem or is it being ignored?

For the record, CMSF v 1.02,Pentium 830d 3 ghz, 2 NVIDIA 7800GTX SLI (latest driver and forceware),2 gigs RAM, Windows XP. I've got a cable broadband connection and I play all kinds of internet games without any trouble. I've tried turning off my firewall to no effect.

The problem is that the guest lags by enough to affect gameplay in lots of strange ways- can't unload infantry, can't fire javelins, command lag, stuff disappears...

Yeah, that's what makes me wonder. If I have an isolated problem, it might be easier to fix. I'd love to have some easy way to fix it on my end so I can play. If it needs a patch, then I'm probably not a rare case. Not everyone who buys the game (or will buy it) posts on the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

In 1.03, multiplayer game in real-time is still impossible. We first tried the tiny Al Huqf scenario, and my opponent suffered lags and delayed orders.

Then we played the Trident scenario, the same thing happened and the guest was seeing the action in slow-motion, the events occuring much later on his screen than on mine (several minutes).

After reversing the roles, I encountered the same problems that he did.