MK 19 in ver. 1.02

Is anyone else having trouble with the MK 19? I've been playing the first tutorial scenario and the first campaign scenario and have yet to get it to fire a round. I have tried direct fire, area fire, and target arcs, with no results. The darned thing just sits there.

Originally posted by thewood:

I also don't remember if the need to be open in the Stryker. Something has changes for the Strykers in 1.02 though. They no where near as aggrssive in openning fire on infantry on their own. They also still satnd and get creamed by tanks.

I did get the MK 19 to work by area firing. But you're right about the Strykers lack of responsivness to hostile fire. I have to manually target every time.

well, if the tac AI is able to do much but i sill odnt know if i want the same reverse behaviour as in CMx1...!?

its better to keep the vehicle there and it provides cover than reversing somewhere and causing traffic jam or other ugly stuff.

i think the smoke is enought to get to the next command phase to tell the vehicle manually to reverse.

about the MK19;

in 1.01 i found the MK19 ok...it allways has worse LOS or cant do a thing becouse of reverseslope i felt but it did its job.

now in 1.02 i didnt had one so far...

I have noticed the Strykers and M1's fire less now in 1.02 then in 1.01. I restarted my campaign and the M1's don't open up with the loader's MG anymore. Strykers don't shoot at anything but technicals and tanks. I am referring to reaction fire, not manual fire. WEGO is being broken more each time.

That is what I am coming to the conclusion of. I used Wadi Scouts a test bed for Strykers. In 1.01, the Strykers open up immediately with .50's. In 1.02, even with manual fire orders, they are very reluctant to open fire. That scenario is almost broken now in WEGO.

What is better, is that the Syrians are much more like to open up with AT fire. On the down side, the heavy MG no longer fires on its own.

I have also noticed that in any version, TC won't button on their own. They sit there and get killed.

I have also noticed that in any version, TC won't button on their own. They sit there and get killed.
yes i noted that allready in some other thread...i really hope that this is fixed soon.

on the other hand, in my limited tests so far i didnt noticed a difference in spotting so far, but i didnt tried much at all becouse the TC is blowen up fast by the enemy AI shoting HE´s on tanks :D

in 1.01 the Mk19 had to be "unlocked" somehow :D you gave em area target for 1 round, than they worked in "cover arc" if not, they dont.

did this changed!?