SCREEN LUMINOSITY ADJUSTMENT?

I am an old CM enthusiast and now I am planning to purchase CMSF. Therefore, I have been playing the demo to find out more.

Now I am playing the night scenario provided and found some oddity. The game runs smoothly and pretty stable, but suddenly the screen luminosity changed (lowered) and I cannot see the units anymore :confused: . Old CM games allowed to adjust screen luminosity but I didn't find any similar in SF. I have to say that this happens on an expensive LaCie Photon19Vision monitor calibrated by hardware with a 256MB ATI Radeon X600 graphic card, no question to adjust the screen to the game, of course. Up to now, it's the only inconvenience I faced. ;)

Cheers,

Panta

I found that night missions are almost too dark to see anything if I play in normal ambient light. I have a calibrated CRT monitor.

For me, night missions looks good with lights out. In daytime I'll just set higher gamma with NVIDIA Control Panel. I'm sure you can do something similar with your Radeon.

Absolutely not. The screen changes abruptely from one turn to the other (while playing the night scenario in the demo)to a point that I can't see the units at all. I hope that I won't have to buy myself a night scope in terms to play the game! smile.gif