Temporary ATI Click-Crash workaround

Hi all,

We know that ATI cards running under Vista (especially) have problems with accepting clicks. We are working on a soltuion with some guys who are experiencing the problems. One of them, MikoyanPT, just said something that reminded me that there is a viable workaround in the short term. It isn't great, but it might work OK for some of you while we continue to try and fix the problem (it will be fixed, and soon).

Instead of left-clicking on a unit you can use alternative methods of selection. Click on the triangular icons in the "HUD" along the top of the screen, use keyboard next/previous unit keys, or use the HQ's Formation Report to select a unit.

Again, it is not a great work around, but for now it is the only one we have. Keep watching the sticky thread at the top of this Forum for updates on our progress working around the ATI OpenGL bug.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Tried this worakaroung myself, running ATI mobility X1600 on Vista Business 32bit. Works fine for moving the selection around, but as soon as I click Move and try to embark a squad on a stryker, the game crashes. So at least for me, this is not working.

Thanks

Yes, we have some XP guys helping us narrow down the problem. It's more related, we think, to the drivers and specific cards.

Not terribly surprised that the workaround is (effectively) not a work arond :( Figured it was better to toss out a possiblity than none at all.

The good news is that we think we've almost got it nailed down! Charles has known from the start where to start the search, but it went pretty deep into the OpenGL interface and that's taken some time to narrow down. We're getting there!

Steve