App will not start AFTER elicense installed

elicense registration went fine, but now the game will not run. I get the error message:

AppName: cm shock force.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: cm shock force.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0026da11

Here is my setup

Battlefront version downloaded last week

win XP pro sp2

directx 9.0c

Intel core2 cpu T7200 @ 2Ghz

1 Gb ram

Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M 256Mb memory

nvidia driver says

NVIDIA compatible windows 2000 version 6.14.10.8469

DEP is set to "only essential windows programs"

When I clicked the shortcut the first time, it brought up the license gui. I entered my code & my proxy server and it said license completed. When I go to run the game it just crashes.

Did not try to uninstall yet.

I am running Symantec antivirus, but it still crashes when I disable that.

Since you already got through the eLicense process, I don't think changing DEP settings will matter at this point.

When you get that error, is there an option to see more details of the error itself (the debug report) or is that all it says?

At what point does that error screen pop up? Do you see the short Battlefront video when you launch or maybe get to the main menu or do you immediately get that error?

Madmatt

The error occurs 1-2 seconds after I double click the shortcut. Nothing came up yet, no video or menu.

The error details gives a long list of 15 or so modules, and references a XML file.

It doesn't seem to let me include the XML file in this post, can I email it to you?

file name is 5b18_appcompat.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, back from vacation!

I downloaded the 1.02 patch and selected the option to start CM after it finished installing. Amazingly, it worked great. I played through a whole mission.

But now when I try to launch the game from the shortcut icon, I still get the same error as before. Does this make any sense at all!?